05 May 2014

out and about

Wow, these last few days (and last 8 months) have flown by. Friday evening we hosted a farewell (not goodbye, because I'll be back someday!) dinner party at Hightor, and it was just as fun and lovely as could be. A cheerful gathering of our nearest and dearest from around town, crowded around a table piled with delicious food and dancing to a soundtrack DJ'd by everyone's favorite young ladies. It was joyful, heartfelt, and I sincerely felt loved and accepted.

I didn't take any pictures that night, too busy enjoying myself, but everyone else did! So appreciative of all these amazing people






Had a blast dancing with the girls



Singing along to our favorite song



The next morning I was off to Melbourne to meet my mom and her partner, and all went perfectly according to plan, with the three of us arriving at Federation Square within minutes of each other and taking off to explore the city. Unfortunately a rainstorm rolled in just as we were out in the middle of the botanic gardens, but my fellow travellers were troopers, getting showered and having just stepped off the plane, and we all enjoyed the day. I ended up spending the night in the city, and we all caught the train to Ballan in the morning and were given the royal treatment by Sarah upon our arrival. A little bit of déjà vu for me, pulling into that station and waiting to be picked up, and then we went straight to Daylesford, and our favorite cafe for a bit of brunch, and a walk around town. The three of us strolled up the hill to the Convent Gallery, and then wandered through the gardens back to Hightor. We enjoyed afternoon tea nestled in that grand old house, surrounded by the usual gathering of excited children, then went out to Hepburn for a quick walk in some gorgeous fall scenery and a stop at a standard Australian pub, then a drive out to Porcupine Ridge to try and spot some kangaroos, of which we saw many. It was a whirlwind tour of the area I've come to love, and I couldn't have asked for more. A wonderful introduction for our guests, and a lovely goodbye for me.





Back in Daylesford, with Bob at the Convent Gallery


Know celebrities and dignitaries enjoy a red carpet, but I much prefer gold

Flowers laid out in tribute of ANZAC Day at the Soldiers Memorial in Hepburn




No comments:

Post a Comment