10 May 2014

victorian period


So I've had my final days in Daylesford and the great city of Melbourne for the foreseeable future. It's been such a wonderful time getting to know this place, and though I had a lovely dinner out with my mom, her husband and friends, along with a beautiful walk along the river (from whence these two pictures came), I just couldn't find it in myself to be joyful. The goodbye at the train station in Ballan was intensely sad, and all I can feel right now is the grief of not seeing the faces I love every day. But it's just like it was when I was leaving San Diego last September, and I know I'm heading off to someplace and some people who are wonderful. Just didn't expect to find that level of love and devotion here in Australia. So, so thankful. 

2 comments:

  1. I had fun that night, I hope you did also after your emotional goodbye to your Australian family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you still Brooke. We all do

    ReplyDelete