13 November 2013

material

Having the internet at the house has really turned out to be a strange blessing. Caught up with some of the blogs I used to love to follow today, and then out of curiosity checked a few shops I previously loved and frequented. Funny how so many of the things I used to live for seem so trivial now. The sites and people that used to inspire lust and envy, for places, things, experiences, just seem silly now. Looking at the J.Crew website, an old standby, I found myself rolling my eyes at all the clothes. Who needs all that?! I'm more than happy with the few things I've brought on this journey with me, and am no longer sentimental about any of it. Know these jeans that I absolutely love will start to fall apart one day, and that's alright. There's always another pair out there. A mindset and idea that used to baffle me has now completely taken over my life. This new philosophy is what's allowed me to be so free in moving across the world and not fretting over living with new people in totally foreign places. Just didn't realize how fully I had been living it until now. So happy that this adaptation, or evolution, has taken place, and can't wait to see what happens next. One thing I know- whatever it is might not be the prettiest, but it will be fun.

1 comment: