10 March 2014

hobby

Super simple, encased elastic waist, perfect for all seasons

So I made a skirt. There's a great fabric/sewing store in town, and after eyeing this fabric I knew I wanted to wear it. So I bought two meters, and some of that was put into this. Took about 5 hours of hand-sewing what would have been about 15 minutes on my machine back home, but it was worth it. A study in patience and control. And I might love it even more for the fact that it was cut with kitchen scissors (and with no pattern other than an idea in my mind's eye) and sewn in little intervals over a week or two. Really love how it turned out, and thinking of doing a top with the leftovers. Get creative!

The fabric is by Amy Butler, what my friend Robert calls "blue onions"

Finished with some bias tape and yellow thread, because why not?

1 comment: