19 January 2014

lovely day


The sun is shining, there's a cool breeze, and the house is filled with the smell of peach biscuits baking in the oven. Been in a funk lately, and starting to shake it off. Went for a coffee in the cafe in the botanical gardens, then was sitting outside with our dog when one of the gardeners approached. He was offering water for Shadow (the dog), and we just started talking. About the gardens, fishing, the best way to prepare and cook eel, random stuff. And then he let me in the begonia greenhouse. Gorgeous! It's kept locked up, and I've been eyeing it curiously every time I walk by. So being let in to have a wander was a little dream come true. Though Jock said the flowers weren't at their finest yet, they looked just stunning to me. He even cut one off and handed it over, telling me to put it in water and savor it for a few weeks. So now I've got a pretty little bit of color on my desk. And an open invitation to hang out in the gardens with my new friend. A great way to start the week.






1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! More begonias there then I've ever seen in my lifetime. They grow here, but not as pretty as there. And definitely not in as many varieties. I'll have to do some research and see what I can get here! Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete