31 January 2014

♥ ♥ ♥


Oh man. This sickness is just having a field day with my poor body. It's been keeping me awake all night, though I feel at a complete loss to find any energy during the day. In an attempt to truly exhaust myself and spend some of this manic energy that miraculously appears around 1 AM each night, I went for a little walk around the gardens last night. And let me tell you, I couldn't have been more grateful for the cool breeze that blew in and chilled me enough that this new jumper was necessary. It may have just been my feverish brain doing this logic, as everyone was looking at me agog in this get-up when I left the house, and people on the street were sweating away in shorts, tanks and dresses, but oh well. This hoodie, embroidered with the logo of our holiday house in the Adirondacks, is just one of the wonderful gifts in a never ending supply arriving regularly from my dad (and loving family in New York and New Jersey). I've received all my favorite snacks and an ample stock of Cholula (you San Diegans just imagine living without that classic. Really, close your eyes and try to realize how bland life is without it), the Sunday comics (a somewhat sacred weekend ritual), silly mementos, and wonderful souvenirs from all over the world thanks to my mom and her constant travels. Not that this love wasn't apparent while I was in close proximity to everyone back home, but it really hits hard when you see the care and thought that go into collecting these things, packing them up and sending them off to the other side of the globe. So. THANK YOU. From the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Always happy to share my travels with you. Wonder what you'll be getting from our next trip to Brazil??!!! Time will tell, I have no idea myself!

    ReplyDelete