01 February 2014

weekly poetry

More lyric gold for you. Can you tell I'm smitten with any mention of nature in poetry? Especially pines, water and mountains. Realizing more and more that that attraction is a call to an environment I love.  For now I'll keep dreaming about it, but in the future feel free to come visit me in my pine-shaded abode!


A Mountain Revelry

To wash and rinse our souls of their age-old sorrows,
We drained a hundred jugs of wine.
A splendid night it was . . . .
In the clear moonlight we were loath to go to bed,
But at last drunkenness overtook us;
And we laid ourselves down on the empty mountain,
The earth for pillow, and the great heaven for coverlet.


-Li Po

2 comments:

  1. Loved it, thanks. Where do you find your poems? I can totally see you in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everywhere! Books, blogs, random places. Most people tend to ignore it, but poems are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete