28 September 2013

sydney style

Guess what the hot style is in Australia, and particularly in Sydney? Southern California surfer/skater/ska! Unusually entertaining. All these Aussies strolling around sporting Rusty, Billabong, Stussy, Roxy, Etnies, DC, Vans, etc. And all the Hollister and Abercrombie! I'm constantly smiling and laughing when I see all this, and it might be part of the reason why I've been getting some strange looks. Like, whatever, dude. I take it all as a compliment. Apparently the So-Cal vibe and style is so fabulous and influential that it's reached all the way across the globe and taken over! Go Z-Boys!
Other than the surfer epidemic with the locals, there is an incredible mix of international cultures. It almost feels like walking around a theme park sometimes, with all the varied languages and styles and personalities meandering about.
In short- I love Australia. And so would you! Come visit, anytime!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Isn't that kind of back to the 80"s??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been out and about in San Diego recently (maybe not, since you're always traveling!)?! It's all about surf brand t-shirts, shorts, flip flops, messy hair, all that! They've totally adopted that here, I keep thinking Aussie locals are from San Diego, until I hear them talk of course :)

      Delete