30 September 2013

today

Had my first real bout of homesickness today. Tried to call home and it didn't work. Spent over an hour altogether with technical support, and still couldn't get a connection. I'll keep trying, but it wasn't until I couldn't talk to someone in California that I realized how desperately I wanted to. It made me nauseous and dizzy, and yes, I cried. Stayed in that foul mood for a while, slamming things around and cursing and just generally being very rude (good thing today is a day off and I'm home alone). But then I pulled myself together, popped in my earbuds, and half walked/half danced my way to town. Sitting in the library now, watching clips of American shows and movies on YouTube just to hear someone talk without an Australian accent. Funny how it hit me so hard when I hadn't even really been conscious of how far away everything and everyone familiar is. Oh well. I'm here now and determined to enjoy every day to the fullest. Today was actually a great day for this to happen, got to work out some of my frustration cleaning in preparation of a new WWOOFer's arrival tonight- Fabian, from Germany. Think I'll drag him back into town with me and maybe have a pint at the pub. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to read this, wish we were closer. Is Carmello there to at least listen to??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know by now, everything worked out! And Carmelo isn't here any longer. He kind of, sort of, accidentally killed one of Suzane's cats, so she asked him to leave. Too bad!

      Delete