08 April 2014

spring/fall break

It's that time of year. School holidays are upon us! In the northern hemisphere it's spring break, but I guess down here you could call it fall break. Two weeks off school and plenty of time for adventure. The past years I've been lucky to go on lots of little trips, whether day-long or week-long. And this year it's a few days in Australia's national capital, Canberra. Very excited! Couldn't help but look back at some of these trips, so here's a recap that will hopefully stoke your sense of adventure. Definitely know I'm ready to explore somewhere new!

2008
My dad, sister and I went to Washington, D.C. to see the cherry blossoms (and all other kinds of pink blooms) and explore some historical locales. It was beautiful, wonderful and COLD






2009
My sister and I met up with family in North Carolina for a long weekend birthday celebration. One more state and lots of good times checked off the list! After that I went on a second break to New York to catch up with family and (my official reason for flying cross-country again so soon) to do some art history homework/research at the Metropolitan Museum of Art










2010
Allison and I took a day off to explore the Scripps Birch Aquarium, her first ever visit there!






2011
Another day trip with Allison (and Marco). This time a first for me: the Carlsbad Flower Fields. Spectacular! We took our "official" engagement picture, and had fun breaking all the rules and posing like mad with the gorgeous blooms




2012
My dad and I went off to Key West while my sister was chaperoning a school trip in China, and it was simply the best. Including touring Ernest Hemingway's house, trying out some Cuban cigars, making friends with butterflies, staying in a beautiful turret suite, and sampling as many pieces of Key lime pie as we could manage








2013
Another quick trip with my dad last year, to Riverside and Palm Springs. He golfed with company bigwigs, and I explored on my own. Stood in the middle of a white-out at the summit of Mount Jacinto, and drove around admiring the vistas. Can't wait to go back someday. 




1 comment:

  1. No photos from your trips as a kid?? Or guess you don't have those photos on your current camera, right?

    ReplyDelete