20 February 2014

gold


Today the sun was warm and the wind was cold. Summer is already slipping away, and I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, I love the hot, sunny days where the only option that seems reasonable is throwing on a bikini and diving into the lake. But with this sudden cold snap, I'm feeling refreshed, happy, and full of energy and inspiration. Went for a long run this morning, and then was distracted in my work outside by how purely content I was. And the bodily memory that says this type of day should be spent wandering around La Mesa's Oktoberfest. That's a "problem" I wish on every one of you. And now my mind is racing with things to do, sew, cook, draw, write, you name it! So in celebration, here's a playlist of songs that capture the season for me. Nothing particularly themed or anything, but I do notice that this weather has me craving a very specific type of melody and mood. Happy listening!
                                             

                                            


This weather also has me remembering a trip my dad and I took to see the fall leaves years ago in Ohio and West Virginia. Driving down two lane, back country highways, finding random towns to sleep in, never having a plan besides knowing when we needed to be back at the airport. Always say yes to quick trips! Here's a handful of pictures from those few days, and contrary to the evidence they provide, I can promise you that my dad really was there. Acting as faithful driver and photographer, while I was the DJ. Thanks dad.

Scraping ice off the car, always a good start to your day

A sweet little town we settled in one night in Ohio

And a fascinating ancient Native American burial mound there

A random stop on the road

The Glade Creek grist mill in West Virginia

The New River Gorge bridge. Beautiful

Charleston's capitol building. The whole place was deserted when we arrived, it was pretty eerie

The most gorgeous autumn tree

1 comment:

  1. More music to pursue, thanks for sharing! As far as the La Mesa Oktoberfest goes, you know you'll be back for it....but funny part will be you coming home to our summer when it's autumn weather there....looking forward to having you home.

    ReplyDelete