20 October 2013

blogging spot


Quickly learning that botanic gardens are a huge thing here in Australia. Couldn't be happier about that fact. Or that there is a gorgeous example of that wonderful work right across the road from my home. It houses (of course) some gorgeous landscaping, two cafes, an art gallery and event center, bustling greenhouse, and one huge lookout tower. The cafes provide the wifi, and nature provides the atmosphere. Here's my ritual:

Choose which gate you'd like to enter at

Stroll through the fernery (yes, technical term)

Stop to admire the waterfall fountain

Meander your way through lanes of tall trees

Stop to admire flowers big...

...and small

Blog! The sights, sounds and smells are truly magical. I pick a new bench or patch of lawn every day and just settle in to combine flora and technology. Wonderful.
Oh! There's also a large gazebo where I may have danced around like Liesl from The Sound of Music on a rainy day. Love it here!

1 comment:

  1. We need a video of that dance, please! And I hope you remember the words...I am sixteen, going on seventeen, etc etc! And the fernery is fun looking, hope to see it myself when we're there in May!!!! I'll send an email and fill you in on details when we have the dates nailed down.

    ReplyDelete