11 October 2013

melbourne

Federation Wharf

It's been an exhausting day so far. Though I didn't seem to do too much. Slept in a bit then went to breakfast with the two girls I'm sharing a room with at the hostel. Our order was forgotten and we ended up with the meal and some extra coffees and things for free. Not a bad start to the day. After that I set out to open a bank account. And now it's official- I have a checking and savings account for Australia and New Zealand! When that was all done with, I came back to the hostel, had some lunch with an Irish and an English guy, then started walking. On and on and on. Went down to the river, saw a sign for the Botanic Gardens, and went straight there. The next few hours were spent idly wandering this beautiful landscape and breathing in the intoxicating fragrances. I'll let the pictures do the talking.






Apparently Morgan and I were here not too long ago!




The Observatory

Hiding in a tunnel of vines




Now that I'm back at the hostel and my feet are killing me, gearing up to go out tonight. Joining the Irish and English guys from lunch and a few others from the building for dinner, drinks, and maybe a little dancing. I'll arrive in Daylesford tomorrow thoroughly exhausted and ready for a break!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Looking forward to visiting that Botanical Garden myself. So now Bob and I are looking at coming to Australia in May next year. I'm sure by then you'll have lots of places for us to see, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete