07 October 2013

california night


Cooked up a Mexican storm on one of my last nights here in Picton. Intensely spicy lentil tacos (thanks mom!), tons of guacamole, salsa, and sangria. Forget everything I might have said previously about being homesick. Didn't know what that truly was until I was in the midst of mashing a heap of avocados. Made me heartsick for sunny San Diego days with friends, family, and dogs. In that moment I wanted nothing more than to spend a lazy day swimming with Brittanie, drinking coffee with Deondre, reading tabloids with Allison, going for a ride with Robert, being dragged behind Stewart and Mat on an evening walk. Soon enough.
And honestly, didn't take anymore pictures after this one because we were all too busy eating and drinking and making merry!
Very much anticipating full, fun days whenever I'm back in San Diego. Balboa Park, La Jolla shores, Casa Artelexia, El Camino-look out!

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear they have avocados also....and now I'm hungry for those lentil tacos! just after some lentil soup!

    ReplyDelete